by Bernard D. Nomberg, Partner, The Nomberg Law Firm

The authorized treating doctor has ordered a medical procedure but the workers’ compensation insurance carrier will not approve it. What do I do next?

The longer this issue drags out, the more stressful it becomes to the injured worker. Sadly, this situation is far too common in my experience while representing workers’ compensation clients during the past twenty years.  

If the injured employee is not receiving the medical care their doctor has recommended, then he is likely not working, thus not earning any income except maybe the weekly compensation checks. In today’s society, the injured worker’s first inclination might be to go to social media or the local news. Bad idea. By going on social media or to the local news, raw emotions spill out that are unfiltered and could serve ultimately to harm their case.  The best thing they can do is to hire an experienced lawyer or contact their lawyer to discuss the issues at hand.

There are several things under the Alabama’s workers’ compensation laws that can be done to protect and to enforce those legal rights of the injured worker.

If you find yourself in the situation, please consider contacting the Nomberg Law Firm. or by calling us at 205-930-6900.

Bernard D. Nomberg has practiced workers’ compensation law in Alabama for more than 20 years. Bernard has earned an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell’s peer-review rating.  He has been selected a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine as well as a Top Rated Attorney by B-Metro Magazine. 



Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Steve Altmann has been assisting consumers and business owners with bankruptcy matters for more than 27 years. 

promo photo for bankruptcy faq video with attorney steve altmann and bernard nomberg
Scroll to Top