In this video, Bernard discusses what benefits and damages an injured worker can receive in an Alabama workers’ compensation case.
The injured worker can receive the following benefits:
1. Medical treatment – authorized by the employer/workers’ compensation carrier
2. Temporary total disability benefits – two-thirds of the average weekly wage, subject to a ceiling and floor
3. Mileage reimbursement – for authorized medical visits (doctor, therapy, pharmacy, hospital)
4. Compensation for physical impairment
5. Compensation for vocational disability
The injured worker also needs to know what benefits he cannot receive under the Alabama Workers’ Compensation Act:
1. Compensation for pain and suffering
2. Compensation for emotional distress or mental anguish
3. Reimbursement for lost wages
4. Compensation for loss of consortium
5. Punitive damages
For more information on benefits an injured worker can receive, look at our blog entry on this topic: I HAVE BEEN HURT ON THE JOB IN ALABAMA. WHAT BENEFITS AM I ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE? IN OTHER WORDS, HOW DO I FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH MONEY I CAN GET IN MY CASE?