For workers’ compensation in Alabama, can I recover for my pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and emotional distress?

The Alabama Workers’ Compensation Act does not allow for compensation to be paid for pain and suffering, loss of consortium and emotional distress. However, compensation is based upon physical impairment and vocational loss. If you are injured at work by a third-party or co-employee, you may be entitled to damages based upon pain and suffering and mental anguish. To discuss your rights pursuant to the Alabama Workers’ Compensation Act, contact an attorney with the Nomberg Law Firm today. (205) 930-6900

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Steve Altmann has been assisting consumers and business owners with bankruptcy matters for more than 27 years. 

promo photo for bankruptcy faq video with attorney steve altmann and bernard nomberg
Scroll to Top